Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Why choose Compresss.com?
Answer: Compresss.com is a sister website of Aconvert.com, it focuses on compressing files instead of converting files. We need to minify the website files every time we made changes to them, and we can't find a website on the internet to easily compress the whole website (about a hundred of html, js, css, jpg and svg files) with a few clicks, therefore we decided to create our own website to do this job. Compresss.com has many advantages include:
- Choose up to 100 files each time, this covers all files in most websites
- Support compressing almost all file formats that used on website
- Use our own algorithm to compress PDF, Word, Excel or PowerPoint
- Create unique "Overall Video/Audio Quality" setting which is easy-to-use for newbies
Question: What file formats does it support?
Answer: Compresss.com is a one-stop website for developers to compress all kinds of files used on website:
- Image: JPG, PNG, GIF, SVG, WEBP
- Document: PDF, WORD, Excel, PowerPoint
- Video: MP4, WEBM, MOV, MKV, WMV, AVI, FLV, MPG, M2TS, ASF, RM, VOB, OGV
- Audio: MP3, M4A, AAC, OGG, OPUS, AMR, WAV, WMA, AU, FLAC, MKA, AIFF, RA
Question: Is it safe to compress files on Compresss.com?
Answer: Yes, it's safe to compress files on Compresss.com. All your files are treated as strictly confidential. All file transmissions are through HTTPS instead of HTTP. Your files will be saved to a directory with random 10 characters so only you can find it. Your files are only temporarily stored on our servers for 1-2 hours, after that they will be automatically deleted by a scheduled program. You can also delete all your files by yourself anytime.
Question: What are the file limits?
Answer: For website, image and document files:
- Max file count: 100
- File size: 40mb each at max
- File extension name allowed: .htm, .html, .shtml, .css, .js, .json, .xml, .jpg, .jpeg, .jpe, .png, .gif, .svg, .webp, .pdf, .doc, .docx, .docm, .dotx, .dotm, .dot, .rtf, .odt, .ott, .fodt, .uot, .eml, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx
- Number of files compressed simultaneously: 2
For video and audio files:
- Max file count: 5
- File size: 200mb each at max
- File extension name allowed: .mp4, .avi, .flv, .mpg, .mpeg, .mkv, .wmv, .m2ts, .webm, .asf, .mov, .qt, .m4v, .rm, .vob, .ogv, .amr, .wav, .wma, .mp3, .ogg, .aac, .au, .flac, .m4a, .mka, .aiff, .opus, .ra
- Number of files compressed simultaneously: 1
Question: I compressed lots of files. How can I download all compressed files at once?
Answer: You can compress all output files in a ZIP file by clicking "" icon on the right of "Output Files" section and clicking "Add to ZIP" on the pop-up menu. To download the zip file, simply click on it or right-click on the ZIP file link and click "Save link as...".
Question: Why is the file size not reduced after compression?
Answer: The file may be compressed before or has lower quality than settings. For example, changing a JPG file's image quality to 80 will not reduce file size if the JPG file's original image quality is 80 or lower. You can try entering a smaller quality value such as 40 if this happens.
Question: Can I submit a ZIP file which contains all website files?
Answer: We are working on supporting zip file, so you only need to pack your website in a zip file and our site will compress every website files in this zip file. This function is in beta testing, please check back later.
Question: I have more questions, who should I write to?
Answer: Please send your additional questions to email@example.com and will usually get response in one business day.