Frequently Asked Questions:
Question: Why choose Compresss.com?
Answer: We need to minify the website files every time we made changes to them, and we can't find a website on the internet to easily compress the whole website (about a hundred of html, js, css, jpg and svg files) with a few clicks, therefore we decided to create our own website to do this job. Compresss.com has many advantages including:
- Choose up to 100 files each time, this covers all files in most websites
- Support compressing almost all file formats that used on website
- Use our own algorithm to compress PDF, Word, Excel or PowerPoint
- Create a unique "Overall Video/Audio Quality" setting which is easy to use for newbies
Question: What file formats does it support?
Answer: Compresss.com is a one-stop website for developers to compress all kinds of files used on website:
- Image: JPG, PNG, GIF, SVG, WEBP, HEIC, AVIF
- Document: PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Video: MP4, WEBM, MOV, MKV, WMV, AVI, FLV, MPG, M2TS, ASF, RM, VOB, OGV
- Audio: MP3, M4A, AAC, OGG, OPUS, AMR, WAV, WMA, AU, FLAC, MKA, AIFF, RA
Question: Is it safe to compress files on Compresss.com?
Answer: Yes, it's safe to compress files on Compresss.com. All your files are treated as strictly confidential. All file transmissions are through HTTPS instead of HTTP. Your files will be saved to a directory with random 10 characters so only you can find it. Your files are only temporarily stored on our servers for 1-2 hours, after that they will be automatically deleted by a scheduled program. You can also delete all your files by yourself anytime.
Question: What are the file limitations?
Answer: For website, image and document files:
- Max file count: 100
- File size: 40 MB each at max
- File extension name allowed: .htm, .html, .shtml, .css, .js, .json, .xml, .jpg, .jpeg, .jpe, .png, .gif, .svg, .webp, .heic, .heif, .pdf, .doc, .docx, .docm, .dotx, .dotm, .dot, .rtf, .odt, .ott, .fodt, .uot, .eml, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx
- Number of files compressed simultaneously: 1-2
For video and audio files:
- Max file count: 5
- File size: 200 MB each at max
- File extension name allowed: .mp4, .avi, .flv, .mpg, .mpeg, .mkv, .wmv, .m2ts, .webm, .asf, .mov, .qt, .m4v, .rm, .vob, .ogv, .amr, .wav, .wma, .mp3, .ogg, .aac, .au, .flac, .m4a, .mka, .aiff, .opus, .ra
- Number of files compressed simultaneously: 1
Question: I compressed lots of files. How can I download all compressed files with a few clicks?
Answer: You can compress all output files in a ZIP file by clicking the "" icon on the right of the "Output Files" section and clicking "Add to ZIP" on the pop-up menu. To download the zip file, simply click on it or right-click on the ZIP file link and click "Save link as...".
Question: Why is the file size not reduced after compression?
Answer: The file may be compressed before or has lower quality than settings. For example, changing a JPG file's image quality to 80 will not reduce file size if the JPG file's original image quality is 80 or lower. You can try entering a smaller quality value such as 40 if this happens.
Question: How can I compress file which extension name is not supported?
Answer: Try renaming file extension name to the closest extension name supported. For example: rename a JIFI or JP2 file to JPG, rename a xlsm file to xlsx, rename a m2t file to m2ts. The compression usually works after renaming.
Question: How can I delete all my files?
Answer: Click "" icon on the right of "Output Files" section and click "Remove all" on the pop-up menu. All your files will be deleted immediately and can't be recovered. Your files will be automatically deleted by a scheduled program in 2 hours if you didn't delete files by yourself.
Question: Can I submit a ZIP file which contains all website files?
Answer: We are working on supporting zip files, so you only need to pack your website in a zip file and our site will compress every website file in this zip file. This function is in beta testing, please check back later.
Question: I have more questions, who should I write to?
Answer: Please send your additional questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and will usually get a response in one business day.
Aconvert.com is a sister website of Compresss.com, it focuses on converting files instead of compressing files.